JAMAN INKS DEAL WITH ENTERTAINMENT ONE TO DELIVER CLASSIC
FILM & TELEVISION SERIES TO GLOBAL AUDIENCE
Collaboration Significantly Expands Jaman Film Library with Popular and Critically-Acclaimed Titles
San Mateo, Calif., February 4, 2009 – Jaman.com, a leading global community and online destination for high-definition and quality entertainment, is significantly expanding its existing collection of art-house cinema through a partnership with Entertainment One, a premier independent video distributor.
Through this collaboration, Jaman acquires nearly 3000 of Entertainment One’s most renowned feature films and documentaries, episodic series and American TV classics. This addition gives members of Jaman’s global community an increased selection of foreign, U.S. independent, documentary, live-concert footage and special interest films.
“The caliber of films that Entertainment One delivers is synonymous with our mission to bring high-quality entertainment to audiences around the world,” said Gaurav Dhillon, CEO and founder of Jaman. “Jaman has always delivered unique cinematic content to our community and now with the addition of these incredible titles from the Entertainment One library, we are able to further build upon our diverse collection of cinema.”
The newly-acquired content extends Jaman’s extensive library of more that 4,500 films, which includes international dramas, comedies, documentaries and shorts, Japanese anime titles as well as Bollywood hits.
“We are thrilled to be able to share our high-quality entertainment with Jaman’s large and active community,” said Michael Rosenberg, President of Entertainment One Distribution U.S. “This partnership allows us to expand our global reach and continue to effectively deliver wonderful cinema to film aficionados around the world.”
Entertainment One films on Jaman include:
• Works by directors from the French New Wave such as Jacques Demy, Claude Chabrol, Jean-Luc Godard, Jacques Rivette, Eric Rohmer and more. Titles from these celebrated directors include “Umbrellas of Cherbourg,” “Madame Bovary” and “La Chinoise,” among others.
• Sundance Jury Prize Winner “The Protagonist” by Oscar winning documentarian Jessica Yu, as well as earlier works from other award winning filmmakers like Wayne Wang, director of “The Joy Luck Club.”
• Acclaimed documentaries such as “Beyond Belief,” a film following humanitarian programs for war widows in Afghanistan, which ABC News calls “a truly remarkable story” and The New York Times hailed as “genuinely inspirational.”
• Live concert content from James Brown, Jewel, Duke Ellington and Johnny Cash.
• Television episode collections with TV giants such as Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis, Laurel & Hardy, Lucille Ball, Shirley Temple, Bob Hope and Andy Griffith.
Jaman’s current content providers include Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, Eros International, Magnolia Pictures, First Look Films, Arts Alliance America and BBC America. The company has also recently made its films available on TiVo, bringing these world-class films into living rooms across America and offering a whole new level of entertainment options for film lovers around the country.
Jaman is revolutionizing the way people discover, enjoy and share movies all over the world. The company is pioneering entertainment on the Internet by delivering hi-definition films to a growing online community of fans and filmmakers. Jaman is based in San Mateo, California, and is backed by luminaries in technology and media. For more information, please visit www.jaman.com.
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One (AIM: ETO) is a leading independent entertainment content owner that acquires film, television and music rights and exploits these rights in all media in more than 190 countries.
The company currently operates in Canada, the U.S., the UK, Holland and Belgium through its four primary businesses units: eOne Television, eOne Films, eOne Music and eOne Distribution. These businesses collectively represent eOne’s extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production/distribution, kids content, licensing and distribution.
eOne's content library includes more than 3,700 feature films, 2,700 hours of original television programming and 15,000 music tracks.